Top 25 Healthcare Policy Blogs
Are you concerned about health care policies and reform? You can learn more about the direction that health care policies are taking through the blogs listed below. We discovered writers who were doctors, attorneys, journalists and politicians who all lend their perspectives to the volatile and ethical issues surrounding health care reform.
The blogs are listed below in alphabetical order. This method assures our readers that we do not favor one blog over another. All blogs listed, however, are up-to-date and all information is provided by professionals in their fields.
- Bioethics Discussion Blog: Dr. Bernstein has posted an issue about bioethics about once a month for several years. If you are aware of any ethical issues in medicine or biologic science, you also can write about them here.
- Center for Global Development: Many diseases and quality of care are not localized. This site”s global health blog tackles ethics, news and reforms that affect global health issues.
- ChangeNow4Health: ChangeNow4Health is a broad, grassroots coalition committed to improving the nation’s health care system through immediate action.
- DB”s Medical Rants: Dr. Robert M. Centor “rants and pontificates” on medical problems, health care reform and more at his long-running blog.
- DoctorPundit: DoctorPundit is a weblog about the policy of healthcare, edited by Michael Douglas, MD, MBA.
- Future Healthcare: More than a blog – this news site offers podcasts, reviews, opinions and other materials that can help readers envision the future of health care and health care policy.
- Guaranteed Healthcare Blog: This blog focuses on “Single Payer Guaranteed Healthcare for everyone in America…not just those who can afford it!” They are endorsed by the California Nurses Association and the National Nurses Organizing Committee.
- Health Affairs Blog: Learn more about health affairs through regular contributors and guest authors as they engage readers in the health policy debate. Published since 1981 by the non-profit Project HOPE, this blog”s authors include top scholars, policymakers, and health care industry leaders.
- Health Beat: Century Foundation fellow Maggie Mahar covers health news with an eye to ethics and reform. Maher is best known online for her review of Michael Moore”s documentary, Sicko.
- Health Care Law Blog: Bob Coffield, a health care lawyer, brings his insights into health care, health care reform and the application of technology to the practice of law and medicine.
- Health Care Policy and Marketplace Review: This is Bob Laszewski”s review of the latest developments in federal health policy and marketplace activities in the health care financing business.
- Health Care Renewal: Several doctors contribute to this blog, which addresses “threats to health care”s core values, especially those stemming from concentration and abuse of power.” They request any information regarding violations to medical policies.
- casino pa natet Communications Blog” href=”http://www.healthpolcom.com/blog/”>Health Policy and Communications Blog: This blog is an outgrowth of a business created by Dr. Miller, and was designed to foster discussion and analysis about how health policy and communications issues affect clinical and economic outcomes.
- Health Wonk Review: If you want a wide variety of health policy blog writing, head to this site. Health Wonk Review is a biweekly compendium of the best of the health policy blogs.
- HealthBlawg: David Harlow, author of this healthcare and policy blog, is a health care lawyer and consultant with over twenty years of public and private sector experience.
- HealthLawProf Blog: Ms. Malloy is an Andrew Katsanis Professor of Law at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. She writes about health law and how it pertains to health policy.
- John Goodman”s Health Policy Blog: John Goodman founded the NCPA (National Center for Policy Analysis) in 1983 and has served as President and CEO since the center”s inception. His blog covers health care with a political slant.
- Mayo Clinic Health Policy Blog: he Mayo Clinic Health Policy Center (HPC) blog provides updates about HPC activities and news, and is an “open forum intended to foster a rigorous discussion about health care reform topics.”
- Medical Ethics Blog: Stuart Laidlaw has covered faith and ethics for over a decade, and he applies these attributes to a blog that covers health and health policies.
- New Health Dialogue Blog: This blog is supported by the New America Foundation, nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy institute that focuses on relevant issues.
- PNHP Blog: Physicians for a National Health Program”s blog serves to facilitate communication among physicians and the public. The views presented on this blog are those of the individual authors and do not necessarily represent the views of PNHP.
- Retired Doc”s Thoughts: Dr. Gaulte, who was trained in and who practiced internal medicine and pulmonary disease, takes a different perspective on health care reform – one from a retired physician who has experienced the health care field first-hand.
- The Alan Katz Health Care Reform Blog: Katz, a past president of both the National and the California Association of Health Underwriters, blogs about health care reform.
- The Health Care Blog: Get email updates of new posts and industry news concerning healthcare policies in general for the American public.
- Workers” Comp Insider: Lynch Ryan, a consulting firm, produces this knowledgeable blog about workers” compensation, risk management, business insurance, workplace health and safety, occupational medicine, injured workers and more.