ABOUT OUR BLOG
Follow along with Celeste Botonakis, Certified Medical Assistant, as she explores trends, news and the daily life of a CMA. For the past 6 years, Celeste has found her passion in healthcare working as a CMA at a doctor’s office. Read now!
RECENT BLOG POSTS:
POPULAR HEALTHCARE DEGREES
FIND A DEGREE NOW
TOP 100 SENIOR LIVING SITES FOR NURSES
- Are Nursing Assisting (CNA) and Medical Assisting the Same?
- Careers and Average Salaries for Nursing Assistants
- Guide to Online Certified Nursing Assistant Classes
- Guide to Studying for and Taking the CNA Competency Exam
- How to Become a Certified Nursing Aide
- Introduction to Medical Assisting and Similar Careers
- Nursing Assistant Job Board
- Professional Spotlight: Video Guide To Becoming A Certified Nursing Assistant
- Q & A With Kat Schaper, CNA, LPN
- Test Taking Tips for the CNA Exam
- The Best Online Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Programs
- Top 100 Senior Living Sites for Nurses
- What is a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)?
FIND OPEN CNA POSITIONS IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
- Kaplan University Nursing Assistant Programs
- Keiser University Nursing Assistant Programs
- University of Phoenix Nursing Assistant Programs
- Bryant & Stratton College Programs
- Herzing University Nursing Assistant Programs
- San Joaquin Valley College Nursing Assistant Programs
- National American University Nursing Assistant Programs
- Penn Foster College Nursing Assistant Programs
- Strayer University Nursing Assistant Programs
- DeVry University Nursing Assistant Programs
VIDEO GUIDE TO BECOMING A NURSING ASSISTANT
Watch and learn about Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) degree options and career outlook!
Q & A WITH KAT SCHAPER, CNA, LPN
Professional Spotlight: Video Guide To Becoming A Certified Nursing Assistant
This video provides a professional overview for aspiring Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA).
It highlights the following topics, including:
- Where you can earn your nursing/medical assisting degree
- Salary estimates for CNA’s according the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Career outlook for Certified Nursing Assistants
- Professional profile of CNA’s
Top Online Medical Assisting Programs
It is important to note that an online nursing assistant degree does not exist, but the following schools offer online degrees in medical assisting or similarly related fields which may be suitable for individuals pursuing careers as nursing assistants. By clicking on links below, you can request information from each school about its tuition, classes, and programs.
Select a degree subject, enter your ZIP code, and search 1,000+ accredited online and campus colleges in your area.
|Kaplan University — Kaplan University is an accredited university, offering 170 degrees and programs. Kaplan University's Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting and Health Information Technology prepare students to pursue entry-level positions in the ambulatory medical field and for entry-level positions in health information management. Financial aid is available for those who apply and qualify.|
|University of Phoenix — The University of Phoenix is an accredited university that offers over 200 different programs. Students enrolled in the health care associate's program have the opportunity to learn about health organizations and policy, while the Associate in Medical Records is designed for students interested in learning about medical record keeping. An associate degree in health care or medical records offers students the opportunity to work in a variety of different jobs as they relate to the healthcare field.|
|Herzing University — Herzing University is an accredited university offering opportunities to earn Master's, Bachelor's, Associate Degrees in over 45 different programs. Graduates of the Herzing University Associate's degree in Medical Assisting and Office Administration programs gain knowledge of medical billing and reimbursement. The associate degree programs are designed to help prepare students for entry-level office positions in the healthcare industry.|
|Keiser University — Keiser University is an accredited university offering over 80 programs. Keiser University's Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting prepares you for a fulfilling career in health care, shaping you to be an essential part of a physician's office, clinic or other medical environments. The Associate of Science degree in Health Services program prepares students in both business and health service administration.|
|Bryant & Stratton College — Bryant & Stratton College offers more than 20 unique associate and bachelor's degree programs. The Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting program prepares students for a fulfilling career as a medical assistant in a private practice, hospital, clinic or government agency. Financial aid is available for those who apply and qualify.|