How To Manage Stress As A Medical Assistant!
Stress at work is inevitable. Encountering a person who has a severe disease, dealing with different kinds of patients very diverse in culture, new technology, a demanding workload, and the continuing need for creative problem solving.
Medical Assistants’ tasks are obviously coupled with uneasy challenges and that is the reason why they are also prone to stress. We all know that stress is not good. It can cause symptoms to arise both physical and emotional. To cope with stress at work, here are some excellent tips:
- Review the patient charts for the day; notice any special problems or needs.
- Be sure that each exam room is well-equipped and ready for patients.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Exercise and eat balanced meals.
- Dress appropriately. Clothing or shoes that are too tight cause stress.
- Learn to laugh at life’s little problems.
- Laugh at yourself.
- Establish an appropriate level of humor with other members of the staff.
- Soft background music has been proven to soothe and promote relaxation.
- Use color and light to create a calm atmosphere
- Build morning and afternoon breaks into the schedule, even if only five or ten minutes.
- Close the office during the lunch hour, and if possible, leave the facility.
Work smarter,not harder
- Prioritize tasks
- Do not procrastinate
- Be motivated
- Be a team member as well as working well independently
- Plan your work, then work your plan
A change of mind can help you turn things around positive. Positive thoughts plus positive action is equals to positive results. Never panic. Take evey load as an opportunity for you to show that you can kick off challenges and make things happen extraordinarily. Who knows, you may be promoted because of that task.
Now, if you are a medical assistant you must realized that no one is excused from challenges. It boils down to how a person handles every situation. Follow the tips mentioned above on how to overcome stress and surely you will be able to enjoy being a medical assistant. No one is perfect so stop acting like one.