Episode #3: Jamie Davis the Podmedic Discusses Podcasting and Non-Traditional Nursing Roles
Jamie is an RN, educator, author, serial entrepreneur, media personality and world-renowned podcast host. On today’s episode of the Nursing Assistant Podcast, he shares his journey into nursing, as well as his current endeavors as a media personality.
Listen in as we explore a non-traditional nursing role and discover how our unique traits and experiences can lead us in unexpected directions.
In Today’s Episode
- Jamie’s journey from being an EMT/paramedic to an RN.
- How his background in communications led him into podcasting.
- Explore his many podcasts and discover how each has a specific audience.
- How Nursing Notes Live delves into different nursing specialties.
- How Jamie became affiliated with Johnson & Johnson’s Discover Nursing campaign.
- Discussion of non-traditional nursing roles.
Featured on Today’s Episode
- Connect with Jamie Davis: Books | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with MedicCast: Facebook | Apple Podcasts | Subscribe on Android
- Connect with Nursing Notes Live: Apple Podcasts | Subscribe on Android
- Connect with Johnson & Johnson Campaign for Nursing: Site | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
Featured Organization of the Week
Our Featured Organization of the Week is the Uniform Retailers Association, a Baltimore, Ohio-based non-profit trade association of independent uniform retailers. Their members are located around the world, operate hundreds of stores, employ thousands of full-time and part-time employees, and have estimated annual revenue in the millions of dollars.
Each year, the URA offers two scholarships (worth up to $2,000 annually) to qualified applicants seeking advancement in healthcare, medical business, or cardiac medicine.
The $500 Traditional Student Scholarship is awarded to a student studying healthcare or medical business management. The $1,500 David Nejberger Scholarship is awarded to a student pursuing medical studies with an emphasis on cardiac medicine.
This year’s applications are due June 30.
Subscribe and Review Us on iTunes (Please!)
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please write a review of our podcast on iTunes.