Kaplan University Nursing Assistant Programs
Kaplan University’s School of Nursing offers comprehensive educational programming for students interested in becoming a nursing assistant. Students can enroll in the following programs to acquire the necessary skills and training to qualify for entry-level employment:
- Certificate in Medical Assisting: This program teaches students how to perform routine laboratory tests, record patients’ vital signs, and assist doctors with exams.
- AAS in Health Information Technology: With a degree in health information technology, graduates can effectively review and evaluate health records, answer insurance inquiries, and compile reports on health care services.
- AAS in Medical Office Management: The medical office management program teaches students how to process medical insurance, handle office operations, and schedule appointments.
- AAS in Medical Transcription: Students learn specialized skills that enable them to transcribe health care dictation, prepare office correspondence, and develop typing accuracy.
Facts About Kaplan University
Kaplan University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). Many degree programs are offered both online and on-site to meet students’ individual needs. Online education at Kaplan University uses advanced technology to deliver courses over the Internet. Students have remote access to library resources including 50,0000 e-books. Additional facts include:
- Kaplan was established in 1937.
- The name was changed to Kaplan University in 2004 after being given permission to offer graduate-level degrees.
- 66,000 students are enrolled between their campuses and online programs.